ISSN Online: 2177-1235 | ISSN Impresso: 1983-5175
Few people have the ability to master all the aspects of a profession. Dr. Ricardo Baroudi was such a person. Teaching, research, and scientific publication were matched with social awareness, ethicality, and concern for the future.
A bold professional, he developed and reported surgical principles, techniques, and strategies, many of which are firmly incorporated in daily specialty practice.
The passage of time transforms ideas into concepts and concepts into principles. Baroudi adhesion sutures, the result of his surgical insight, are part of the technical basis of abdominoplasty, as well as several other procedures. However, Dr. Baroudi did not limit himself to a concept, but instead took the initiative. His techniques were published, disseminated, recognized, and finally enshrined and eponymous. It is interesting how well the definition of eponymous applies: a reference to a historical or mythical personality that names something.
Although he did not follow a typical academic career, Dr. Baroudi performed at a level he expected from his peers. He used his personal clinical experience to create a unique approach to research and to disseminate knowledge. This was characteristic of the late Dr. Ricardo - to transform a new idea into an instrument of practical use, but based on scientific revelation.
Dr. Baroudi made extensive contributions to science, through dozens of published articles, book chapters, and edited books.
I personally had the pleasure of communicating with Dr. Baroudi for almost a decade as an associate editor of the Brazilian Journal of Plastic Surgery, when he was Editor-in-Chief. He stubbornly persevered in making the Journal consistent, stimulating in all ways the interest of plastic surgeons in publishing. He was successful, and the Journal today is very different from a decade ago, having adapted to modern concepts of medical science, thanks to continuous daily work and dedication. On behalf of all members of our Society, we eternally thank Dr. Ricardo Baroudi for his immeasurable contribution to plastic surgery in Brazil and worldwide.
Reno BA, Mizukami A, Calaes IL, Staut JG, Claro BM, Baroudi R, et al. Neo-onfaloplastia no decurso das abdominoplastias em âncora em pacientes pós-cirurgia bariátrica. Rev Bras Cir Plást. 2013;28(1):114-8.
1. de Camargo Bueno MA, Cavazana WC, Baroudi R, Nunes PH, Psillakis JM, de Fátima Santana Ferreira Boin I. Running circular suture technique for reduction mammaplasty and mastopexy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2012;36(6):1320-8. DOI: 10.1007/s00266-012-9972-4.
2. Andriolo A, Souza AF, Farias AQ, Barbosa AJ, Netto AS, Hernandez AJ, et al. Classification of journals in the QUALIS system of CAPES: urgent need of changing the criteria! J Bras Nefrol. 2010;32(1):4-6. PMID: 21448525.
3. Baroudi R. What more can we say to the new generations of plastic surgeons? J Craniofac Surg. 2011;22(2):380-2. DOI: 10.1097/SCS.0b013e31820f75c6. PubMed PMID: 21415622.
4. Baroudi R, Ferreira CA. Arm contouring. Aesthet Surg J. 2003;23(4):290-2. DOI: 10.1016/S1090-820X(03)00160-2. PubMed PMID: 19336092.
5. Hughes CE 3rd, Lockwood TE, Baroudi R, Matarasso A. Abdominoplasty. Aesthet Surg J. 2002;22(5):465-73. DOI: 10.1067/maj.2002.129158. PubMed PMID: 19332001.
6. Baroudi R, Ferreira CA. Seroma: how to avoid it and how to treat it. Aesthet Surg J. 1998;18(6):439-41. PMID: 19328174.
7. Novaes F, dos Reis N, Baroudi R. Counting method of live fat cells used in lipoinjection procedures. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1998;22(1):12-5. PMID: 9456348.
8. Baroudi R, Ferreira CA. Contouring the hip and the abdomen. Clin Plast Surg. 1996;23(4):551-72. PubMed PMID: 8906390.
9. Baroudi R, Moraes M. A “bicycle-handlebar” type of incision for primary and secondary abdominoplasty. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1995;19(4):307-20. PubMed PMID: 7484469.
10. Baroudi R. Flankplasty: a specific treatment to improve body contouring. Ann Plast Surg. 1991;27(5):404-20. PubMed PMID: 1746861.
11. Baroudi R. Why aesthetic plastic surgery became popular in Brazil. Ann Plast Surg. 1991;27(5):396-7. PubMed PMID: 1746859.
12. Baroudi R, Moraes M. Philosophy, technical principles, selection, and indication in body contouring surgery. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1991;15(1):1-18. PubMed PMID: 1994645.
13. Baroudi R. Body contour surgery. Clin Plast Surg. 1989;16(2):263-77. PubMed PMID: 2661106.
14. Baroudi R. Body sculpturing. Clin Plast Surg. 1984;11(3):419-43. PubMed PMID: 6147222.
15. Carvalho CG, Baroudi R. Mammaplasties: surgical refinements of the nipple-areola complex. Ann Plast Surg. 1982;8(6):458-67. PubMed PMID: 7051943.
16. Baroudi R. Plastic surgery in Brazil. Ann Plast Surg. 1981;6(6):420-3. PubMed PMID: 7271169.
17. Baroudi R. Two consecutive abdominoplasties to solve a problem of striae. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1979;3(1):321-5. DOI: 10.1007/BF01577870. PubMed PMID: 24174002.
18. Regnault P, Baroudi R, de Silveira Carvalho CG. Correction of lower limb lipodystrophy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1979;3(1):233-49. DOI: 10.1007/BF01577860. PubMed PMID: 24173994.
19. Baroudi R, Keppke EM, Carvalho CG. The square chin and the pointed chin: Another refinement in facial aesthetics. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1979;3(1):129-33. DOI: 10.1007/BF01577846. PubMed PMID: 24173982.
20. Baroudi R, Keppke EM, Carvalho CG. Mammary reduction combined with reverse abdominoplasty. Ann Plast Surg. 1979;2(5):368-73. PubMed PMID: 543599.
21. Baroudi R, Keppke EM, Carvalho C. Breast modeling after subcutaneous mastectomy. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1978;2(1):235-46. DOI: 10.1007/BF01577956. PubMed PMID: 24173850.
22. D’Ottaviano N, Baroudi R, Keppke EM. Dental rotation in cleft lip. Ann Plast Surg. 1978;1(4):407-10. PubMed PMID: 727677.
23. Baroudi R, Pinotti JA, Keppke EM. A transverse thoracoabdominal skin flap for closure after radical mastectomy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1978;61(4):547-54. PubMed PMID: 345306.
24. da Silveira Carvalho CG, Baroudi R, Keppke EM. Anatomical and technical refinements for abdominoplasty. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 1976;1(1):217-28. DOI: 10.1007/BF01570254. PubMed PMID: 24173746.
25. Baroudi R, Lewis JR. The augmentation-reduction mammaplasty. Clin Plast Surg. 1976;3(2):301-8. PubMed PMID: 1261184.
26. Baroudi R, Keppke EM, Carvalho CS. Rhytidectomy: analytical study of the incisions. Ann Chir Plast. 1976;21(2):137-45. PubMed PMID: 970922.
27. Baroudi R. Umbilicaplasty. Clin Plast Surg. 1975;2(3):431-48. PubMed PMID: 125176.
28. Keppke EM, Baroudi R, Netto FT. Cabinet for filling diapositives. AMB Rev Assoc Med Bras. 1975;21(3):92-4. PubMed PMID: 1079618.
29. Baroudi R, Keppke EM, Netto FT. Abdominoplasty. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1974;54(2):161-8. PubMed PMID: 4276452.
30. D’ottaviano N, Baroudi R. Surgical and esthetic aspects of the facial profile. Int J Oral Surg. 1974;3(5):243-6. PubMed PMID: 4213952.
31. Farina R, Attadia ER, de Carvalho C, Baroudi R. Xerophthalmia. Surgical treatment by transplant of the parotid duct. Rev Paul Med. 1961;58:227-34. PubMed PMID: 13698191.
32. Farina R, de Freire GC, Keppke EM, Peggion A, Baroudi R. Surgical treatment of hypospadias. Chirurg. 1961;32:125-9. PubMed PMID: 13698194.
33. Farina R, Mion D, Baroudi R, Golcman B. Comparative advantages of frontal flaps and nasogenial in the substitution of nasal substance. Ann Chir Plast. 1960;5:279-86. PubMed PMID: 13698195.
34. Farina R, Attadia ER, de Carvalho C, Baroudi R. Xerophthalmia. Surgical treatment by transplantation of parotid duct. Probl Sovrem Neirokhirurgii. 1960;26:410-6. PubMed PMID: 24545579.
35. Farina R, Mion D, Baroudi R, Golcman B. Frontal flaps versus nasogenian flaps in the substitution of nasal substance. Rev Paul Med. 1960;57:22-31. PubMed PMID: 13821570.
36. Farina R, Baroudi R, Golcman B, de Castro. Riding-trousers-like type of pelvicrural lipodystropy (trochanteric lipomatosis). Br J Plast Surg. 1960;13:174-8. PubMed PMID: 13821567.
37. Farina R, Baroudi R, Golcman B, de Castro. Pelvicrural lipodystrophy of riding-breeches type (trochanteric lipomatosis). Hospital (Rio J). 1960;57:717-22. PubMed PMID: 13821568.
38. Farina R, Golcman B, Baroudi R, Keffke EM. Auris externa ad ansam (otoplasty). Rev Paul Med. 1960;56:95-105. PubMed PMID: 13821569.
39. Farina R, de Castro O, Baroudi R. Importance of alar, triangular & quadrangular cartilages in rhinoplasty. Rev Paul Med. 1959;54(1):1-14. PubMed PMID: 13646200.
Todos os artigos científicos publicados em http://www.rbcp.org.br estão licenciados sob uma Licença Creative Commons